Friday, May 11, 2012

"the beautiful one has come" (Cortina)

In honor of mother's day, the blog today will be about my mother, Nefetiti. My mother was a very powerful and important Queen. She was born around 1390 B.C.E. Her name means, the beautiful one has come. When she was around 15 years old she married my father who was just one year older than her. My mother was very influential regarding political matters during my father's rein which was very unusual for a woman at that time. She is shown alongside my father in many carved scenes and other artworks participating with him in ceremonial acts. Some say my mother was the most beautiful woman of the world, and I would say that I agree. A beautiful portrait bust found at the sculptor Thutmose's workshop in Tell el-Armana was created of my mother. Happy Mother's Day!     

2 comments:

  1. This was a good posting for Mother's Day. Smart idea.

    Good job,
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my mother was a very important part of ancient Egyptian history!

    ReplyDelete