Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The letter I wrote....or did I?


There was a document that some say I wrote. This document created some controversy. This document was found in the ancient Hittite capital of Hattusa, which dates back to the Amarna period.  It was written to the Hittite king.  The letter had read:
“My husband had died and I have no son. They say you have many sons; you might give me one of your sons to become my husband. I would not wish to take one of my subjects as a husband….I am afraid.”
This letter is not good, considering Egyptians thought that outsiders or foreigners to be substandard. Because the king of Hittites whose name was Suppiluliuma was understandably worried about this letter, he missed his chance to bring Egypt into his empire.  He instead was trying to figure out who wrote this letter.  There was much debate on who wrote this letter. They had it narrowed down to me or Nefertiti.  No one will ever know for sure. I am good at keeping secrets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment